Anyone wishing to proceed with a debt collection claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee may not be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted below are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Court claim fee
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which would be on an hourly rate
Debt value Court fee
Up to £300 £35.00
£10,000+ 5% of the claim value
Our hourly legal fees and team members
£240+VAT – Naomi Bloom
£140+VAT – Trainee Solicitors/Paralegals and Other Fee Earners
You can view more information about our team on our Litigation services page.
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
How long will it take to complete the debt collection?
Matters usually take 10-12 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. But if enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve. If the claim is disputed then it will take approximately 12 months from when the claim was issued. If the matter goes to trial then the case could take 2-3 years.
For more information, please contact us.